Skip navigation
Home > Local Heritage > Schools > Stephenfield School

Stephenfield School 1904
(Coleman Collection)

Stephenfield School #518 and #2048

Stephenfield School #518 was built in 1889 on NW 18-6-6w which was owned by Allan Stevenson. The school did not remain open in winter until 1894. In 1906, a new one-room school was built on SW 19-6-6w. This building was moved to NW 20-6-6w in 1920 when Stephenfield Consolidated School District No. 2048 was formed. A second classroom was added in 1948.

In 1961 Stephenfield School district #2048 was dissolved and transferred to Graysville S.D. who used the building for elementary grades for Graysville & Stephenfield students until 1966 when the school closed. The building and land were sold and students were transported to Graysville, Carman or Miami Schools.







Back to Schools list or Schools Cairns/Signs list